Assertiveness Training For People In Business
Seminar Outline: A 1-2- or 3-Day Program
- Introduction, Psychology and Individual Assessments
- Definition of Assertiveness
- How to Develop a Skill - The 6A Formula
- Dealing with Behavior and How to Modify It
- Why People Need Assertiveness Training
- Four Types of Behavior
- Description of Each in Terms of:
- Your Voice -- Building a Strong, Clear Authoritative Vocal Delivery
- Your Body Language - Posture, Gestures, Sitting, Handshakes,
- Verbal Language – How to Use Power Words
- Develop a Portrait of Yourself: Subjective and Objective
- Your Own Impressions
- How Others Perceive You/Anonymous Feedback
- Developing Assertive Behavior
- Building Confidence
- Asking Smart Questions
- Setting Goals
- Dealing with Manipulation
- Coping with Anger
- Reducing Defensiveness
- Building and Practicing Assertiveness Skills
- Setting Goals
- Giving Direct Concise Messages
- The Broken Record - Staying Centered
- Asking Clarifying Questions
- Skill Building & Practice
- Situational Assertiveness
- Application of All Principles in Specific Situations
- What situations cause you the most anxiety?
- Where are your strengths?
- What do you have the most difficulty asking for?
- What kinds of people cause you the most anxiety - i.e., male authority figures, female authority figures, etc.
- D(escribe) E(xplain) S(pecify) C(onsequences)
- Role-play and or Video Taping
- Commitment and Action Plan
Page 1: Program /
Page 2: Outline /
Page 3: Features /
Page 4: Testimonials
Find out more about Dorothy's Assertiveness workshops.
Need individual assertiveness skills help for yourself or a colleague? Dorothy can help!
Books or tapes reinforce what is learned in the workshop, or work well by themselves.